If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Question Answer Communication in Modern Times of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 12 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Communication in Modern Times of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 12 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Question Answer Communication in Modern Times.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 12 Communication in Modern Times is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 12 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 5 social science exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Communication in Modern Times Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 12 Communication in Modern Times Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 Environmental Studies chapter 12 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, Match the following, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Question Answer Communication in Modern Times regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 12 Question Answer
1. Which one is a method of personal communication?
2. What does SMS stands for?
Answer: Short Messaging Services
3. Which one is a social networking site?
1. Television programmes can be viewed from any part of the world with the help of ___________.
2. ___________ is similar to private messaging through Internet.
3. ___________ is a useful means of conducting meetings and holding group discussion across the world.
4. The modern means of communication have ___________ the social skills of people.
5. Telephone is a wonderful way of two way ___________.
Answer: (1) satellites (2) E-mail (3) Tele conferencing (4) harmed (5) communication
Answer: (1) b (2) d (3) c (4) a (5) e
1. What is communication?
Answer: Communication is the process of sending and receiving messages by speaking, writing or using some other medium.
2. Name any two means of mass communication.
Answer: Two means of mass communication are television and newspaper.
3. List the benefits of a mobile phone.
Answer: It provides a lot of services like text messaging, videos, radio, games, calculator, light, internet, GPS etc.
4. Name any two social networking sites.
Answer: Two social networking sites are Instagram and Twitter.
5. Which is your favourite means of communication? Why?
Answer: Mobile phone is my favourite means of communication because it provides a lot of useful services and it is easy to carry as well.
1. What does the term “Tele Conferencing” mean? How does it help in education and business?
Answer: Tele Conferencing is the exchange of information between people who are not at the same place physically.
It helps in following ways:
- It allows students to exchange information.
- Meetings, staff trainings, demonstrations can be conducted through it.
2. “The modern means of communication have harmed the social skills of people.” Justify the statement.
Answer: Nowadays, people have become experts in e-mailing and texting and forgotten the joy of getting together and talking to each other. They waste their precious time in surfing, chatting and messaging.
3. E-mail has replaced letters. Explain with examples.
Answer: E-mail has replaced letters because:
- It is quicker to write and send.
- It reaches the addressee instantly.
- It can be sent through a mobile phone also.
4. How has internet made communication almost instant?
Answer: A lot of people communicate through social networks such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc. They share the news, useful information, pictures, funny videos, jokes, songs and so on. This is possible with the help of internet. So, internet has made communication almost instant.
5. List four disadvantages of the modern means of communication.
Answer: Four disadvantages of modern means of communication are:
- Internet and mobiles have become an addiction.
- Their unnecessary use wastes our time.
- They have harmed the social skills of people.
- They have created problems like sleeplessness, loneliness, information explosion etc.