If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Question Answer Human Migration of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 2 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Human Migration of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 2 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Question Answer Human Migration.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 2 Human Migration is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 2 solution to learn an effective way of expressing their answer in the dav class 5 sst exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Human Migration Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 2 Human Migration Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 SST chapter 2 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Fill in the blanks, Tick the correct option etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- State whether True or False
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Question Answer Human Migration regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 2 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option:
1. What is regular movement of people from one place to another known as?
2. People were scared to travel abroad in olden times due to-
3. What is migration due to natural disaster known as?
Answer: Forced migration
4. Growing crops on a new piece of land once the fertility gets exhausted is-
Answer: Shifting agriculture
B. Fill in the blanks:
1. ___________ and migration have been linked to each other since ancient times.
2. ___________ migration is when people move to another place on their own wish.
3. In September 2014 ___________ Valley saw devastating floods.
4. Migration is like a ___________.
5. In earlier times migration was carried out within a ___________ area.
Answer: (1) Mankind (2) Voluntary (3) Kashmir (4) chain (5) limited
C. State whether True or False:
1. The settled life began only when the man became a food producer.
2. People were scared to travel to faraway places in olden times.
3. The labourers move to cities for jobs and better wages.
4. Migration brings happiness to many people.
5. Migrants are never happy.
Answer: (1) True (2) True (3) True (4) True (5) False
D. Answer briefly:
1. What do you mean by the term ‘migration’?
Answer: Migration is the systematic or regular movement of people from one place to another.
2. What is shifting agriculture?
Answer: Growing crops on a new piece of land once the fertility gets exhausted in known as shifting agriculture.
3. Name the two types of forced migration.
Answer: Two types of forced migration are-
Natural: Migration due to natural disaster. Example- Tsunami, flood
Man-made: Migration due to man-made disaster. Example- fire.
4. Name the river which caused floods in Kashmir in the year 2014.
Answer: River Jhelum faced floods in Kashmir in the year 2014.
5. Name two things that changed the orthodox thinking of people.
Answer: Two things that changed the orthodox thinking of people are – Education and Logical thinking.
E. Answer the following questions:
1. Briefly highlight the three types of migration.
Answer: Three types of migrations are-
Voluntary migration- People migrate on their own wish for higher studies, job etc.
Forced migration- People are forced to migrate to other place due to natural disasters or man-made disasters.
Seasonal migration- When people migrate to other cities temporarily for extra earning, it is seasonal migration.Ex-migration of labourers.
2. List three hardships that the migrants face.
Answer: The three hardships that the migrant face are:
- Children do not get proper education.
- Many migrants do not get any work hence start begging.
- They lack basic amenities like shelter, sanitation and clean water.
3. ‘Migration brings happiness to many people.’ Explain with two examples.
Answer: Migration brings happiness to many people, as-
- They see new places and experience new climate.
- They learn about new customs, traditions, cuisines, dresses, dances, music etc.
4. Suppose you have to migrate to another city. List two preparations that you will make.
Answer: Two preparations that I will make before migrating to another city are-
- I will try to find a job and a place to live in.
- I will collect necessary details about the new place.
5. What facilities are needed by people in case of a disaster?
Answer: Some of the facilities needed by people in case of a disaster are – food, shelter, proper sanitation, health care facilities, clean water etc.
It’s very helpful 👍 I love this
it was very nice and helpful. I HOPE I will get this service later too.
Thank you so much for this ….. I can complete my absent work by help of this without asking to someone and waiting for his/her reply…… But one bad thing is there is no V.B.Q please also keep V.B.Q from next time