If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer Mapping India of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 10 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Mapping India of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 10 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer Mapping India.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 10 Mapping India is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 10 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 5 social science exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Mapping India Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 10 Mapping India Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 Environmental Studies chapter 10 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, Match the following, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer Mapping India regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option:
1. A horizontal imaginary line that is drawn on the globe exactly halfway between North Pole and South Pole-
2. Vertical imaginary lines on the globe are-
Answer: Meridians of Longitude
3. Seasons are caused by-
Answer: Revolution of the earth around the sun.
4. Which directions is to your right, if you are facing north?
5. What does a political map show?
Answer: Boundaries of countries, states and important cities.
6. Blue colour in a map show-
Answer: Water bodies
B. Fill in the blanks:
1. A book of maps is called an ___________.
2. There are ___________ cardinal directions on the compass.
3. Magellan did not survive the voyage around the ___________.
4. ___________ is the southern-most point on the globe.
5. Day and night on the Earth are caused by the ___________ of the Earth.
Answer: (1) atlas (2) four (3) Earth (4) South Pole (5) rotation
C. Match the following:
Answer: (1) e (2) d (3) a (4) b (5) c
D. Answer briefly:
1. What is a map?
Answer: A map is a drawing of the earth on a flat surface.
2. Which colour represents plains on a map?
Answer: Green colour represents plains on a map.
3. Name two different types of maps.
Answer: Two different types of maps are:
- Political map
- Physical map
4. Define a scale.
Answer: Scale is the ratio between the actual distance on the ground and the distance shown on the map.
5. How does a globe help us?
Answer: A globe represents three-dimensional view of the earth. It shows shape and location of the oceans and continents.
E. Answer the following questions:
1. Why did people fear to travel to faraway places in olden times?
Answer: In olden times people believed that the earth was flat and they might fall off if they travelled to the edge of the earth. So, they feared to travel to faraway places.
2. Describe the journey of Magellan that proved that the earth was round.
Answer: Ferdinand Magellan and his crew began a voyage from Spain in 1519. It started with five ships and a crew of 270. Almost two years later it ended at same place with only 18 alive members (excluding Magellan). It proved that the earth was round.
3. Mention two uses of maps.
Answer: Two uses of maps are:
- It is used to show political boundaries, water bodies and location of cities.
- It can also act as a guide to us in places where we have never visited before.
4. Name two movements of the Earth. Explain each briefly.
Answer: Two movements of the earth are Rotation and Revolution.
Rotation: it is the movement of the earth on its axis, from west to east. The earth takes 24 hours to complete one rotation. It causes day and night.
Revolution: it is the movement of the earth around the sun on a fixed path called the orbit. It takes 3651/4 days to complete one revolution. It causes change in seasons.
5. Differentiate between a globe and a map.
|A Globe||A Map|
|It is not easy to carry.||It is easy to carry.|
|It can only give limited information.||It can give detailed information of any part of the earth.|
|It represents a 3 dimensional view of the earth.||It can be drawn to show the whole world.|
Very good and best app for students
yes it is
Best app for students
I love it thank you for this question and answer.
Best app for students
Best app to study for DAV students
But class 5 English subject is missing
Yes it is