If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Question Answer Community Services of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 5 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Community Services of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 5 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Question Answer Community Services.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 5 Community Services is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 5 solution to learn an effective way of expressing their answer in the dav class 5 social science exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Community Services Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 5 Community Services Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 SST chapter 5 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. State whether True or False, Answer briefly, Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- State whether True or False
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Question Answer Community Services regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 5 Question Answer
1. Who constructed the sarais in olden times?
2. What is the technique of collecting, storing and using rainwater known as?
Answer: Water harvesting
3. Where are kunds commonly found?
4. In our country, water is mainly supplied through-
1. Step wells harvest ___________ water.
2. Community service has always been an important part of Indian ___________ and ___________.
3. ___________ a great ruler, understood the importance of good roads for the progress of trade.
4. Sisandras were built in ___________
5. A sarai is a ___________ house.
Answer: (1) rain (2) history, culture (3) Ashoka (4) Karnataka (5) rest
1. Step wells are not common in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
2. People are unaware about the benefits of tree plantation.
3. Government and its agencies look after community service in modern times.
4. Water pollution has become a major concern in all parts of India.
5. Water harvesting is a modern technique.
Answer: (1) False (2) False (3) True (4) True (5) False
1. What is community service?
Answer: Community service is the help or assistance that benefits the community.
2. What type of community service can you volunteer for?
Answer: I can volunteer of community services like:
- Assisting the elders
- Beautification of Society
3. What is the importance of Van Mahotsava?
Answer: Van Mahotsava is a festival of tree planting. It creates awareness about the importance of trees.
4. How do trees clean the atmosphere?
Answer: Trees clean the atmosphere by photosynthesis which converts carbon dioxide into oxygen.
5. Name two qualities for community living.
Answer: Two qualities of community living are coordination and tolerance.
1. How did community service play an important role in olden times?
Answer: In olden times, as a community service, people helped the poor with money, clothes, food, shelter and looked after sick. Kings planted trees, dug wells, and constructed sarais for convenience of the people.
2. Mention the steps that Ashoka took for the development of trade.
Answer: Ashoka took following steps for the development of trade:
- He constructed road, rest houses and dug wells.
- He planted trees on roadsides for comfort of travellers.
3. What do you mean by water harvesting? What are its advantages?
Answer: Water harvesting is a technique of collecting, storing and using rain water for irrigation, drinking and other purposes.
Its advantages are:
- It allows us to use rain water.
- It solves the problem of water scarcity.
4. List the changes that have improved the travelling in modern times.
Answer: The changes that have improved the travelling in modern times are as follows:
- Better roads, bridges, flyovers ensure smooth movements of vehicles.
- Faster and more comfortable means of transport make travelling a pleasure.
5. Mention five benefits of planting trees.
Answer: Five benefits of planting trees are:
- It gives us fruits and wood.
- It cleans the air.
- It prevents soil erosion.
- It provides green cover to earth.
- It provides shelter to birds and animals.