If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Transport in Modern Times of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 11 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Transport in Modern Times of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 11 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Transport in Modern Times.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 11 Transport in Modern Times is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 11 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 5 social science exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Transport in Modern Times Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 11 Transport in Modern Times Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 Environmental Studies chapter 11 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, State whether True or False, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- State whether True or False
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Transport in Modern Times regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer
1. Development in science and technology has replaced-
Answer: Steam engine
2. What is an indicator of the level of development of a country?
3. It is the fastest and most comfortable means of transport-
4. The length of India’s coastline is-
Answer: 7617 km
5. Which is the busiest air route in India?
Answer: Mumbai – Delhi
1. Efforts are being made to reduce the consumption of petrol and ___________.
2. National highways link all ___________ of India.
3. ___________ water transport is mainly for trade and tourism.
4. Increase in transportation cost is added to the ___________ of an item.
5. ___________ roads are constructed along the borders for the movement of army.
6. Vehicles cannot run without ___________.
Answer: (1) diesel (2) states (3) Overseas (4) price (5) Border (6) fuel
1. Roads have encouraged national unity.
2. The first train covered a distance of 134 kilometres.
3. Earlier pipelines were used for gas transportation.
4. Use public transport system to reduce traffic on roads.
5. Crude oil is supplied by trucks to the oil refineries.
Answer: (1) True (2) False (3) False (4) True (5) False
1. Mention two problems created by increase in road traffic.
Answer: Two problems created by increase in road traffic are:
2. What are the advantages of airways?
Answer: Advantages of airways are:
- It is the fastest means of transport.
- It can cover difficult landforms easily.
3. Which is the best mode of transport? Why?
Answer: In my opinion, railways are the best mode of transport because:
- They are economical.
- They can carry a large number of people at a time.
4. Name any two renewable sources of energy.
Answer: Two renewable sources of energy are:
- Solar energy
- Tidal energy
5. List two changes that have improved railways in recent times.
Answer: Two changes that have improved railways in recent times are:
- Railways provide computerised reservations.
- They are equipped with modern amenities and comfort.
1. List three ways in which a well-developed transport system affects the lives of people.
Answer: Following are the three ways-
- It helps in promoting trade and commerce.
- It opens opportunities for more employment.
- It helps people to reach a place faster especially during emergency.
2. In which four ways are railways better than roadways?
Answer: Four ways in which railways are better than roadways:
- They are faster than roadways.
- Railways are more comfortable.
- They provide restaurants and resting facilities.
- They can carry heavy goods easily from one place to another.
3. Name the items transported by pipeline transportation. Mention two advantages of pipeline transportation.
Answer: The items transported by pipeline transportation are crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas and water.
The advantages of pipeline transportation are:
- It cuts the transportation cost.
- It reduces the possibility of delay and loss.
4. Briefly describe the different types of roads of India.
Answer: Following are the different types of roads of India:
National Highways (NH): They link all states of India.
State Highways (SH): They connect state capitals with different districts of the state.
District Roads (DR): They connect district headquarters with other places of the district.
Village Roads (VR): They connect villages with the towns.
Border Roads (BR): They help in the movement of army and defence of our country.
5. How can renewable sources of energy help in reducing pressure on petrol and diesel?
Answer: Switching to biofuels and electric vehicles will help in reducing pressure on petrol and diesel as they are eco-friendly and can be renewed easily.