If you are looking for DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 24 Question Answer Our Urban Government of Social Science We and Our World book, then you are at right place. Here DAV Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 24 Our Urban Government exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for Class 6 Social Science Exams.
Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 Civics chapter 24 of We and Our World SST Book. These exercise of chapter 24 Our Urban Government contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 24 Question Answer.
Solutions of DAV Class 6 Civics chapter 24 Our Urban Government help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 24 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
DAV Class 6 Civics Chapter 24 Our Urban Government Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Question Answer Chapter 24 Our Urban Government is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 24 solutions is provided with great explanation.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in Civics exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 24 Our Urban Government Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 24 Question Answer
1. The Chairperson of a Municipal Corporation is called-
2. A Municipal Corporation is also known as-
Answer: Nagar Nigam
3. The semi-urban areas which are gradually developing into cities have a-
Answer: Nagar Panchayat
4. The cities with a population of 20,000 to 10 lakhs have-
Answer: Municipal Council
5. The cities with more than 10 lakh population have-
Answer: Municipal Corporation
1. Cleanliness and sanitation is the responsibility of ___________ in small towns.
2. The minimum age for contesting the Municipal Council elections is ___________.
3. The main cause of rapid growth of population in big cities is due to the inflow of ___________.
4. The Chairperson of a Nagar Panchayat is elected by the ___________ whereas the Deputy Chairperson is elected by the ___________.
5. A Municipal Council is also called ___________ in some states.
Answer: (1) Nagar Panchayat (2) 21 years (3) migrants (4) people, members (5) municipal committees/municipal Boards.
1. There are 604 districts in India.
2. The Seventy Sixth Amendment Act of 1992 provided three types of urban local bodies.
3. The Municipalities are formed by nominating its members.
4. Nagar Panchayat is the smallest local body in urban areas.
5. The Municipal Corporation works through various committees.
Answer: (1) False (2) False (3) False (4) True (5) True.
1. Name three urban self-governing bodies.
Answer: The three urban self-governing bodies are:
- Nagar Panchayat
- Municipal Council
- Municipal Corporation
2. Give three functions of a Municipal Commissioner.
Answer: The three functions of Municipal Commissioner are:
- He implements the decision of the Municipal Corporation.
- He supervisors the work of the Municipal Corporation.
- He prepares the financial budget and performs other related functions.
3. Mention two sources of income of a Nagar Parishad.
Answer: The two sources of income are:
- Nagar Parishad gets funds through taxes like water tax, house tax, vehicle tax, etc.
- Financial assistance from State Government.
4. Name any three committees of a Municipal Corporation and their main functions.
Answer: The three committees of a Municipal Corporation and their main functions are:
- The Education committee – It looks after the primary schools.
- The Water supply committee – It manages the efficient supply of drinking water.
- Electric supply committee-It manages the supply of electricity.
5. What different names are used for the Head of the district? What is the basis of his selection?
Answer: The head of the district is called District Officer or Deputy Commissioner or District Collector or District Magistrate. His selection is made on the basis of an All-India Competitive Examination.
1. Describe any five main functions of Municipal Corporation.
Answer: Five main functions of Municipal Corporation are:
- Supply of electricity.
- Supply of fresh drinking water.
- Maintenance of hospitals.
- Construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, parks, etc.
- Sanitation and cleanliness including removal of garbage and cleaning of drains.
2. How is the management of big cities quite different?
Answer: The management of big cities quite different. The big cities with a large population have a Municipal Corporation. Since the problems of such cities are more complicated in nature and are difficult to solve. The responsibility of a Municipal Corporation increases. Therefore, the day-to-day work is looked after by various committees.
For example, the education committee looks after the primary schools, whereas it is the duty of the water supply committee to manage efficient supply of drinking water.
3. What are the main sources of income of a Municipal Corporation?
Answer: The sources of income of a Municipal Corporation include water tax, octroi, property tax, toll tax, licence fee, etc. The annual financial grants and loans from the State Government.
4. Mention some problems being faced by the big cities these days.
Answer: Nowadays, more and more people are migrating towards big cities is due to the inflow of employment. This causes rapid growth of population in big cities and it becomes over-crowded. People faces the problems of drinking water, electricity, hospital and transport.
5. List three important functions of the Deputy Commissioner in district administration.
Answer: The three important functions of Deputy Commissioner are:
- To maintain law and order in the district.
- To collect revenue and maintain land records.
- Development of Civil Amenities.