DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 16 Question Answer The Gupta Empire explores the exercises, given in the sst textbook We and Our World. These Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 16 The Gupta Empire exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for school exams.
Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 History chapter 16 of We and Our World Book. These exercise of chapter 16 The Gupta Empire contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 16 Question Answer.
Solutions of DAV Class 6 History chapter 16 The Gupta Empire help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 16 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
DAV Class 6 History Chapter 16 The Gupta Empire Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Question Answer Chapter 16 The Gupta Empire is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 16 solutions is provided with great explanation.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in the school exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 16 The Gupta Empire Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 16 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option.
1. Who was the last Kushan ruler?
2. Who is known as the Napolean of India?
3. Who was the first person to prove that the Earth moves around the Sun?
4. Ajanta and Ellora caves are famous for their-
Answer: rock-cut temples
5. Which one of the following did not prevail during the period of Chandragupta-II?
Answer: Education was available to people of all the classes in the society.
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. ___________ was a renowned poet in the court of Chandragupta-II.
2. ___________ is a famous collection of tales written by Pt. Vishnu Sharma.
3. The rust-free Iron Pillar is located at ___________ in New Delhi.
4. In Gupta empire, ___________ was the main source of revenue.
5. The main sources of entertainment of people in Gupta empire were ___________ and ___________.
Answer: (1) Kalidasa (2) Panchtantra (3) Mehrauli (4) Taxation (5) animal fighting, festivals.
C. Write True or False for the following statements.
1. Ghatotkaccha Gupta ruled from 280 CE to 319 CE.
2. Chandragupta-II was a great warrior and an administrator.
3. Bhuktis or desh were not governed by Uparika-maharaja.
4. Many sun temples were built in the Gupta period.
5. Gupta period did not contribute at all to the field of literature.
Answer: (1) True (2) True (3) False (4) True (5) False.
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. Who established the Gupta empire and when?
Answer: Sri Gupta established the Gupta Empire in 275 CE.
2. What was the function of the Gram Panchayat in the Gupta period?
Answer: Function of the gram panchayat was to look after the needs of the villagers.
3. Which items were exported from India during the Gupta period.
Answer: India’s important export items were pearls, diamonds, precious stones, garments, ivory products, indigo, etc.
4. Who was Aryabhatta? What was his contribution?
Answer: Aryabhatta was a great scientist and mathematician. It was he who first proved that the earth moves round the sun on its axis. He had written a book Aryabhattiyam on mathematics.
5. Name two famous epics which were translated into Tamil during the Gupta period.
Answer: Ramayana and Mahabharata are the two famous epics which were translated into Tamil.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. Give three main sources of information about the period of Samudragupta.
Answer: The three main sources of information about the period of Samudragupta are:
- Inscription on Ashoka’s pillar at Allahabad
- Eran edict
- Coins of Samudragupta
2. How was trade carried on in the Gupta period?
Answer: Trade was carried on by land and river routes. Some important places like Peshawar (Pakistan), Mathura and Kaushambi (UP), Tamralipti (Bengal), Bharukaccha (Gujarat) and Ujjaini (MP) where all connected by roads.
The rivers, namely Ganga, Brahmaputra, Kaveri, Krishna and Godavari, provided waterways.
3. Highlight agriculture as an important occupation of the people.
Answer: Agriculture was the main occupation of the people. The farmers were the owners of land. The main crops were wheat, rice, pulses, Barley, sugarcane, cotton, jute, vegetables, etc.
4. Who was Kalidasa? Why is he remembered even today?
Answer: Kalidas was a renowned poet in the court of Chandragupta II. He was one of the nine gems of the royal court. He is remembered even today for his famous works. They are Abhijana Shakuntalam, Malavikagnimitram, Meghaduta and many others.
5. What is the contribution of the Gupta period in the field of science and technology?
Answer: The contribution of Gupta period in the field of science and technology has been no less. Astronomy, astrology, mathematics, medicine, chemistry and many others branch of science were well-developed during this period.
Nice 👍 this answer
Sort answer and easy to learn
Super Questions answer very nice thanks 👍👍
This is good for me
Thank you soooooo much.
Very long answers I take total 50 minutes to learn
i study in dav the answers are too short and literally different
Yoohoo! u are the best website I have ever seen
Very short answer to learn I got in sst 20 out of 18
The best app in the world I got 19 out of 20 in unit and 48 out of 50 I sst
Very good answer and short answers
Verry good answers,
But where is value based.
Super answers 🤓🤓
Good app!! I impress,
hello solution gyan,
l am Priyesh Verma from DAV Public School Bistupur, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
Thanks for all solution gyan members.
it’s make special in chrome for studies. it’s make the future bright.
I TAKE VERY GOOD ANSWERS FROM YOUR WEBSITE.IT HELPS ME IN RECOVERING SCHOOLS CHAPTER.IT IS VERY USEFUL FOR US.THANKYOU FOR UPLOADING THIS WEBSITE IN INTERNET.