DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer Development of Civilisation explores the exercises, given in the textbook We and Our World Book. These DAV Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 10 Development of Civilisation exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for school exams. Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 SST History chapter 10 of We and Our World Book.
These exercise of chapter 10 Development of Civilisation contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer. Solutions of DAV Class 6 History chapter 10 help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning.
Dav Class 6 History Chapter 10 Development of Civilisation Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Book Question Answer Chapter 10 Development of Civilisation is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 10 solutions is provided with great explanation. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 10 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- State True or False
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in the school exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 10 Development of Civilisation Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 10 Question Answer
1. The first Indus Valley site discovered was-
2. The Indus people used clothes made of-
3. The Harappan terracotta pottery was –
4. The granary was the storehouse for-
5. The discovery of the remains of a dockyard at Lothal prove that the people of Indus valley had-
Answer: international trade relations.
1. ___________ of human society lead to foundation of civilisation.
2. The Great Bath had well-planned ___________ system.
3. The people of Indus Valley were expert in making ___________ and ___________.
4. ___________ are the main source of information about the religious beliefs of the Indus people.
5. ___________ was the male god worshipped by the Indus people.
Answer: (1) Evolution (2) drainage (3) terracotta, sculpture (4) Seals (5) Shiva
1. The cities were well-planned in the Harappan culture.
2. The citadel was considered the central part of the city.
3. Pottery was not a popular industry in Harappan culture.
4. 4. People of Indus vally worshipped the neem tree.
5. Mohen-jo-daro was rebuilt nine times at the same site.
Answer: (1) True (2) True (3) False (4) False (5) True
1. What did the thick forests provide to the people of Indus Valley?
Answer: Thick Forest provide sufficient timber for kilns and for building boats.
2. List the occupations of the Indus Valley people.
Answer: Agriculture and allied activities were the main occupation and trade in Indus valley civilisation.
3. What type of climate did the Indus Valley have?
Answer: Indus valley had moist climate.
4. How was the dress of the men of Indus Valley different from that of the women?
Answer: The men dressed themselves in a long cloth tied like a dhoti and the women wore a long lehnga with a shawl.
5. Why did the early civilisations develop on the river banks?
Answer: The early civilisation develops on the river banks because of the need of water and water bodies provide adequate facilities for agriculture, fishing, transport and trade.
1. List any three features of the Indus Valley Civilisation which tell us that it was an urban civilisation.
Answer: Three features which tells us that Indus valley civilization was an urban civilisation are:
- Efficient drainage system
- House which was built had two or three storey & proper town planning.
- Manufacturing of cotton & woolen textiles.
2. What reasons were responsible for the decline of Harappan culture?
Answer: The reasons for the decline of Harappan culture are:
- Due to natural disaster like an earthquake flood or change in the course of river.
- Frequent invasion by the Aryans.
3. Explain the town planning system of the Indus people.
Answer: The town of Indus valley were well planned. It was divided into two parts; citadel was the upper & lower town was the lower part. Which was the residential area. House were built by both sides of the street & all the street cut at right angle. Proper water supply & drainage system was also found.
4. Which two things helped the people of Indus Valley to have bumper harvest and how?
Answer: Two things helped the people of Indus Valley to have bumper harvest are:
- The annual floods in Indus renewed and enriched the soil for good harvests.
- Invention of bronze helped in the production of tools thus helping in bumper harvests.
5. Bring out the similarities and differences between the features of the Indus Valley Civilisation and the Egyptian Civilisation.
Answer: The similarities and differences between the features of the Indus Valley Civilisation and the Egyptian Civilisation are given below:
- Nature gods were worshipped.
- Agriculture was the main occupation.
- Domestication of animals were done.
- Monumental structure was found in Egypt but no such structure has been found in Harappa.
- Burnt bricks use on a large scale in Indus valley but it was unknown in Egypt.
- The area covered by Harappan civilisation was much bigger than Egyptian Civilisation.