DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer The Iron Age Civilisation explores the exercises, given in the textbook We and Our World Book. These DAV Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for school exams.
Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 History chapter 11 of We and Our World Book. These exercise of chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer.
Solutions of DAV Class 6 History chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 11 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
Dav Class 6 History Chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Question Answer Chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 11 solutions is provided with great explanation.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in the school exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 11 The Iron Age Civilisation Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer
1. The oldest Veda is-
2. What was the main occupation of Aryans?
3. The chief god during the Early Vedic Civilisation was-
4. The supreme god worshipped during the Greek Civilisation was-
5. Who calculated the circumference of the earth?
Answer: the Greeks
1. The word Veda means ___________.
2. As a part of the barter system ___________ was used as a standard of value.
3. The Early Vedic Period is also known as ___________ Period.
4. In the Later Vedic Period, varna system became ___________.
5. During Sanyas Ashram, a man lived a life of complete ___________.
Answer: (1) knowledge (2) cow (3) Rig Vedic (4) hereditary (5) detachment
Answer: (1) d, (2) e, (3) a, (4) b, (5) c.
1. What were the main inventions of Greek Civilisation?
Answer: Calculating the circumference of the earth, drawing world map and Olympic games are the main inventions of the Greek civilization.
2. Name the gods that were worshipped by Romans.
Answer: Jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Juno.
3. Name the four Vedas.
Answer: Name of the four Vedas are:
4. Give any two examples to prove that Vedic Civilisation was quite advanced.
Answer: Two examples to prove that Vedic civilization was quite advance are:
- They played musical instruments like flute, harp and drum.
- Their clothes were made of cotton, silk wool and skin of animals.
5. Mention the main occupations of the people of Iranian Civilisation.
Answer: Main occupations of the people of Iranian Civilisation were trading, ship building, weaving, pottery and metal work.
1. What was the political condition of the country under Aryans?
Answer: Political condition of the country under Aryans was strong and well planned. The rule was a differentiated into a small and large kingdom. King let the kingdoms and the king of small area was known as Raja. The king consulted the Sabha and Samiti on important matters. The ruler of the United Kingdom was known as Maharaja or Samrat or Emperor.
2. What was the condition of women in the Early Vedic Period?
Answer: Women held a respectable position in the Early Vedic Period. They were educated. The participation of wife was essential in all the religious ceremonies. Social evils like sati-pratha and child marriage were not in practice.
3. Explain the Varna System. What change did it undergo during Later Vedic Period?
Answer: Four main varnas were:
- Brahmins = looked after the religious matters.
- Kshatriyas = they protected the people from attack.
- Vaishyas = they were cultivators and craft man.
- Shudras = they were the labourer.
The changes that undergo during later Vedic period are: Varna system was hereditary and rigid. No one could change the occupation on the Varna.
4. List the achievements of the Aryans in the field of science and mathematics.
Answer: The achievements of the Aryans in the field of science and mathematics are:
- They knew the use of iron.
- They use iron for making stronger tools and weapons.
- The Axe help in clearing jungles and spreading agriculture.
- Mathematics was known as Ganita.
- It included arithmetic, geometry and algebra.
- The Vedic people had the knowledge of zero.
- They also knew the decimal system, cube root, square root, under root etc.
5. List the occupations of the Aryans.
Answer: List of the occupations of the Aryans are:
- Domestication of animals