DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer The Mauryan Dynasty explores the exercises, given in the sst textbook We and Our World. These Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for school exams.
Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 History chapter 13 of We and Our World Book. These exercise of chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer.
Solutions of DAV Class 6 History chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 13 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
Dav Class 6 History Chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Question Answer Chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 13 solutions is provided with great explanation.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in the school exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 13 The Mauryan Dynasty Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option.
1. The founder of Mauryan dynasty was-
Answer: Chandragupta Maurya
2. Who wrote Arthashastra?
3. The ambassador sent by Seleucus Nicator to the court of Chandragupta Maurya was-
4. The last Nanda ruler was-
5. The Mauryan kings were assisted by-
Answer: Mantri Parishad
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. Alexander was the son of King ___________ of ___________.
2. Chandragupta Maurya invaded Magadha with the help of ___________
3. During Ashoka’s rule ___________ was the main base of village economy.
4. The city administration during the Mauryan period was under ___________.
5. The Chinese traveller ___________ was astonished to see the Mauryan Palace.
Answer: (1) Philip, Macedonia (2) Chanakya (3) agriculture (4) Nagradhyaksh (5) Fa-hien.
C. Match the following:
Answer: (1) d (2) e (3) a (4) b (5) c.
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. Who was Seleucus Nicator?
Answer: Seleucus Nicator was the Greek ruler and the commander of Alexander.
2. List the main sources of information about Mauryan dynasty.
Answer: The main sources of information is Indica by Megasthenes, Kautilya’s Arthashastra, Puranas, Buddhist and Jain literature, etc.
3. Which Lake was built by Chandragupta Maurya and why?
Answer: Sudarshan Lake was built by Chandragupta Maurya for irrigation.
4. Name the languages in which Ashoka’s teachings were engraved.
Answer: The languages in which Ashoka’s teachings where engraved were Prakrit, Greek and Aramaic.
5. What advice was given by Ashoka to his sons and grandsons?
Answer: Ashoka advised his sons and grandsons not to conquer new countries. They were advised to go in for Dharma Vijay i.e., winning the hearts of the people.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. Describe the finest examples of the architecture of the Mauryan period.
Answer: The finest examples of architecture can be seen in the form of stone pillars with shining surfaces. The pillars were crowned with animal figures and Dharma Chakra. The top of a stone pillar with four lions and Dharma Chakra has been adopted as our national emblem.
2. Explain the main features of Ashoka’s Dhamma related to social and ethical code of conduct.
Answer: Two main features of Ashoka’s Dhamma related to social and ethical code of conduct are:
- Everybody should serve parents; care and love all living creatures and animals; follow and adopt the path of truth; be kind to slaves, servants and workers, respect all elders, brahmins, teachers, monks; follow non-violence; have tolerance and peace.
- Everybody should avoid arrogance, enemity, sacrifice of animals, fighting for religion and land. He wanted that his people should live in harmony with each other. He respected and patronised all religions.
3. What did Ashoka do for the welfare of his people?
Answer: Ashoka was an emperor who placed his people before everything. He planted trees beside the roads and constructed rest houses for the travelers. He constructed wells and adopted new techniques for agriculture.
4. Describe briefly, the social and economic life of the people during the Mauryan period.
Answer: During Mauryan period people lived peacefully and harmoniously with each other and obeyed laws. Agriculture was the basis of the village economy. Economics condition was also good at that time.
5. How did the Kalinga War prove to be a turning point in the life of Ashoka?
Answer: In the Kalinga War, many people died. Ashoka saw this and his heart melted. So, he gave up war and propagated Dhamma and Buddhism. Hence, the Kalinga war proves to be a turning point in the life of Ashoka.
Your work is great You provide SST,Science and English but please provide Sankrit
mast bhai mast notes hai
Thank you so much sir
Your answers is very helpful for me.
Thank you very much, u save me form my sir. But it’s really very much helpful. 🙂
Hehe I check the Ans almost all are same but in Answer the following the Q3,Q4,Q5 is not same btw thx I am safe I completed my notes so I will not will be stay back😁
It is helpuful 😃
Very thankful 🙏🏼