If you are looking for DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 22 Question Answer Democracy and Government of Social Science We and Our World book, then you are at right place. DAV Class 6 SST Solutions of chapter 22 Democracy and Government exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for Class 6 Social Science Exams.
Here at solutiongyan, we provide complete solutions of DAV class 6 Civics chapter 22 of We and Our World SST Book. These exercise of chapter 22 Democracy and Government contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 22 Question Answer.
Solutions of DAV Class 6 Civics chapter 22 Democracy and Government help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students can go through class 6 Social Science chapter 22 solutions to learn an effective way of expressing their answers in the exam.
DAV Class 6 Civics Chapter 22 Democracy and Government Solutions
DAV Class 6 SST Question Answer Chapter 22 Democracy and Government is given below. Here DAV Class 6 social science chapter 22 solutions is provided with great explanation.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Solutions of Class 6 Social Science of WE AND OUR WORLD Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 6 students are more likely to score good marks in Civics exams if they practise Dav Class 6 SST Chapter 22 Democracy and Government Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 6 SST Chapter 22 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option.
1. Conflicting interests lead to-
2. In an atmosphere of discord and division, what is the best way to settle disputes?
Answer: adjustment and accommodation
3. Democratic way of life demands that-
Answer: opinion of the minority should be respected.
4. Which one of the following is against the spirit of democracy?
5. Identify the undemocratic method of problem solving.
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. Our country is ___________ governed by the people through their representatives.
2. A democratic government is a government ___________ the people, ___________ the people and ___________ the people.
3. When elected representatives govern the country on behalf of the people, it is called ___________ democracy.
4. There is no place for ___________ and ___________ in a democracy.
5. Democracy paves the way and prepares the citizens to ___________ the disputes.
Answer: (1) indirectly (2) of, by, for (3) representative (4) coercion, violence (5) mutually resolve.
C. Match the following:
Answer: (1) e (2) d (3) a (4) c (5) b.
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. What is the most positive attitude in a conflicting situation?
Answer: The most positive attitude in a conflicting situation is ‘live and let live’.
2. Mention an outcome of conflicting situations.
Answer: An outcome of conflicting situation is misunderstanding and clashes.
3. Who organises, supervises and controls activities around us?
Answer: The government organisation supervises and controls activities around us.
4. What is the outcome of tolerance and self-discipline?
Answer: Harmony is the outcome of tolerance and self-discipline.
5. Give example of any two elected representatives of the people at various levels of government.
Answer: Prime minister is an example of elected representatives of the people at national level of government. Chief minister is another example at state level of government.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. State three points on the right which forms basis of democratic government.
Answer: ‘Right to vote’ is the basic of democratic government. Three points on ‘Right to vote’:
- All the citizens of India, who are 18 years of age and above are eligible to cast their votes, irrespective of cast, colour, creed, religion, region or language.
- This is known as the ‘Universal Adult Franchise’.
- ‘One Man One Vote’ is the most courageous step of the Constitution framers.
2. Whose view should be accepted when so many people are involved in taking a decision and why?
Answer: When so many people are involved in taking decision, the view or opinion of the majority should be accepted.
Because a democratic government is a government of the people, for the people and by the people. The majority of people of India have the power to govern their country through their elected representatives who take decision on behalf of the people. They make laws in the interest of the people and work for their welfare.
3. Why did India opt for representative democracy? Explain.
Answer: India is a vast country; it is difficult to devise a method for the direct participation of the people in the governmence of the country. Therefore, representative democracy has been adopted in India. Under this system, people elect their representatives who governed on their behalf. This means India is indirectly governed by the people through their elected representatives like Panchs, Municipal Councillors, Members of Legislative Assemblies or Members of Parliament.
4. Mention any three advantages of a democratic set up.
Answer: The three advantages of democratic set up are:
- People can elect their representatives.
- Democracy maintains harmony and balance in the society.
- Everyone can share equal freedom in social, economic and political fields.
5. How do people guard their own rights and freedom granted to them by the Constitution? Explain.
Answer: People’s participation does not end even after the elections. People watch the activities of various departments of government and criticise also, if required. At the general elections people decide whether to elect the same political party or candidates to rule or replace them by others in the elections. In case the rights and freedom granted to them by the constitution is violated, they can move to the court of law and seek justice.
This is very good app for me because. I am also the student of (DAV) public school . I am writing my fair copy by the help of this app.
What a website! the maker of the website should get 1000 prizes
Yes, that is true because I am also a DAV student and this website also helps me a lot
This is amazing
A very good and useful app I loved this app very much
This is amazing
This is very nice
The best site ever
Thank you for this this helps us our work easy but this doings students bad habbit students do not finding questions answers fill in the blanks tick the correct option match the following every thing students were search in phone this is very bad it’s makes students harmfull so I suggest please students use this app very small time and find the question and answer everything senior book
It is true
This site is amazing but I would suggest the developers to just explain the qna as I find it very short in almost each chapter…Except this all the things are okay !