DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Question Answer Plants Around Us are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 2 Plants Around Us of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Plants Around Us of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 2 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Plants Around Us Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Plants Around Us Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 2 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 2 Question Answer Plants Around Us
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. ___________ carries all the parts of the shoot in a plant.
2. The strong woody stem of a tree is called the ___________.
3. A ___________ has a thin and green stem.
4. Muskmelon and grass are examples of ___________.
5. ___________ is an example of a climber type plant.
Answer: (1) Stem (2) trunk (3) herb (4) creepers (5) Money plant
B. Match the following:
Answer: (1) d (2) e (3) b (4) c (5) a
C. Tick the correct option.
1. The plants, that give shade to humans and animals, are called-
2. The part of a plant, that stores seeds, is known as-
3. The plants, that look like bushes with many branches, are known as-
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. State the function of a leaf.
Answer: It makes food for the plant.
2. Write the role of the roots of a tree.
Answer: It fixes the plant in the soil.
3. What type of stem do climbers have?
Answer: Climbers have very weak and thin stems.
4. State the difference between the stem of a shrub and a herb.
Answer: A shrub has woody stem, but the stem of a herb is not woody.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. Draw and label different parts of a plant.
2. Write any three features of trees.
Answer: Three features of trees are:
- Trees are big in size.
- Trees have strong and woody stem
- Trees live for many years.
3. Write the differences between a tomato plant and grass.
Answer: Grass are smaller than tomato plants. Grass are creepers but tomato plants are herbs.
4. Write the differences between shrubs and herbs that you know of.
Answer: differences between shrubs and herbs are:
5. Why do some plants creeps on the ground?
Answer: Some plants creep on the ground because they have thin and weak stems.