DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer Cooking and Eating Habits are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 9 contains 6 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 9 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer Cooking and Eating Habits
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Pulses are prepared by ___________ them in water.
2. Idlis can be cooked by ___________ obtained by boiling water.
3. ___________ are often cooked by direct heating on fire.
4. Biscuits and breads are prepared by baking in an ___________.
5. Vegetables, like carrots and radish, are often eaten in their ___________ form.
Answer: (1) boiling (2) steam (3) Chappatis (4) oven (5) raw
B. Write True or False for the following statements.
1. There are many different methods of cooking food.
2. Pulses are generally cooked in a pressure cooker.
3. Consuming a lot of fried food is good for our health.
4. Some vegetables are generally eaten without cooking them.
5. Eggs can be cooked by boiling.
Answer: (1) True (2) True (3) False (4) True (5) True
C. Tick the correct option.
1. A pressure cooker is usually used for-
2. Baking is generally not used for preparing-
3. It is advisable to eat as little as possible of-
Answer: fried food
D. Match the following:
Answer: (1) c (2) d (3) e (4) b (5) a
E. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. In what form, early man used to eat food?
Answer: Early man used to eat food in raw form.
2. Name any three different methods of cooking food.
Answer: The different methods of cooking food are:
3. List the methods of cooking which require water.
Answer: Boiling and steaming requires water.
4. Name the oldest method of cooking known to man.
Answer: Direct heating is the oldest method of cooking known to man.
5. How is baking done?
Answer: Baking is done in an oven with or without oil.
F. Answer the following questions.
1. Write two benefits of eating cooked food.
Answer: Two benefits of eating cooked food are:
- Germ free.
- Easily digestible.
2. What can happen to vegetables when they are over cooked?
Answer: Overcooking destroys the nutrients of vegetables.
3. Differentiate between boiling and frying.