DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer Cooking and Eating Habits are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 9 contains 6 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Cooking and Eating Habits Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 9 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 9 Question Answer Cooking and Eating Habits
1. Pulses are prepared by ___________ them in water.
2. Idlis can be cooked by ___________ obtained by boiling water.
3. ___________ are often cooked by direct heating on fire.
4. Biscuits and breads are prepared by baking in an ___________.
5. Vegetables, like carrots and radish, are often eaten in their ___________ form.
Answer: (1) boiling (2) steam (3) Chappatis (4) oven (5) raw
1. There are many different methods of cooking food.
2. Pulses are generally cooked in a pressure cooker.
3. Consuming a lot of fried food is good for our health.
4. Some vegetables are generally eaten without cooking them.
5. Eggs can be cooked by boiling.
Answer: (1) True (2) True (3) False (4) True (5) True
1. A pressure cooker is usually used for-
2. Baking is generally not used for preparing-
3. It is advisable to eat as little as possible of-
Answer: fried food
Answer: (1) c (2) d (3) e (4) b (5) a
1. In what form, early man used to eat food?
Answer: Early man used to eat food in raw form.
2. Name any three different methods of cooking food.
Answer: The different methods of cooking food are:
3. List the methods of cooking which require water.
Answer: Boiling and steaming requires water.
4. Name the oldest method of cooking known to man.
Answer: Direct heating is the oldest method of cooking known to man.
5. How is baking done?
Answer: Baking is done in an oven with or without oil.
1. Write two benefits of eating cooked food.
Answer: Two benefits of eating cooked food are:
- Germ free.
- Easily digestible.
2. What can happen to vegetables when they are over cooked?
Answer: Overcooking destroys the nutrients of vegetables.
3. Differentiate between boiling and frying.