DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 10 Water of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Water of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of Science chapter 10 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Water Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Water Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 10 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water
1. ___________ and snow are the main sources of water in nature.
2. River’s flow into a sea or an ___________.
3. India is surrounded by ___________ on the east side.
4. A ___________ stores river water which is used to generate electricity.
5. Water in ___________ is used for irrigating the fields.
Answer: (1) Rain (2) ocean (3) Bay of Bengal (4) dam (5) canal
1. Snow is a natural source of water.
2. People draw water from a river using a hand pump.
3. River water is purified for drinking purposes.
4. India is surrounded by Arabian sea on the west side.
5. Ground water is used by plants for their growth.
Answer: (1) True (2) False (3) True (4) True (5) True
1. Water, present under the surface of earth, is called-
Answer: Ground water
2. One of the main rivers of South India is-
3. On the southern side, India is surrounded by-
Answer: Indian Ocean
4. It dances in the rain.
5. Rivers get water mainly from-
Answer: Rain and snow
1. Name two main natural sources of water.
Answer: Rain and Snow.
2. Name any three inland water bodies.
Answer: Ponds, lakes and rivers.
3. Write one use of water in the canals.
Answer: Water in the canal is used for irrigating the field.
4. Name two main rivers of North India.
Answer: Ganga and Yamuna.
5. State two methods of drawing ground water.
Answer: Two methods of drawing ground water are:
- Hand pump
1. How is snow a source of water?
Answer: Snow melts and changes into water. This water flows down the mountains into the rivers and lakes.
2. How is a dam useful for generating electricity?
Answer: Water stored in a dam is made to fall from a height to generate electricity.
3. Why do plants look greener after rain?
Answer: Rain water washes away the dust and dirt from the leaves of the plants. So, plants look greener after the rain.
4. How is ground water useful?
Answer: Ground water is used by plants for their growth. Groundwater is used for drinking water.
5. Why are picnic spots often developed around or near lakes?
Answer: Picnic spots are often developed around or near lakes because water present there is used for boating and other water-sports.