DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer Importance of Plants are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 4 Importance of Plants of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Importance of Plants of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 4 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Importance of Plants Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Importance of Plants Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 4 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Plants are ___________ to us in many ways.
2. Garlic and ginger plants are also used to make ___________.
3. Plants give out ___________ gas during day time.
4. People who cut down trees should be ___________.
5. All living things need oxygen gas for ___________.
Answer: (1) useful (2) medicine (3) oxygen (4) punished (5) breathing
B. Write True or False for the following statements.
1. We must protect plants to survive on the earth.
2. Fallen leaves can be burnt.
3. We should encourage deforestation.
4. Only a few of us need to try to increase the number of plants and trees.
5. Plants, give us food only.
Answer: (1) True (2) False (3) False (4) False (5) False
C. Tick the correct option.
1. They are an important gift of nature.
2. Plants give us-
3. Efforts need to be made to protect forests from-
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. In which forms, do we get food from plants?
Answer: We get food from the plants in the form of fruits, vegetables, pulses and grains.
2. How do plants help the soil?
Answer: Plants bind the soil with the help their roots.
3. What is deforestation? Is it good or bad for all of us?
Answer: Cutting down of trees is called deforestation. It is bad for all of us.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. List any four uses of plants.
Answer: Four uses of plants are:
- Plants give us food.
- It gives us oils and spices.
- We get wood, paper and rubber from plants.
- Some plants like Tulsi, neem, ginger and garlic are used to make medicine.
2. How do plants act as air purifiers?
Answer: Plants give out oxygen gas during the day time. This helps to increase the amount of oxygen in the air and, thereby, purify it. Hence plants act as air purifier.
3. Suggest three ways that can help to conserve plants.
Answer: Three ways that can help to conserve plants are:
- We should promote afforestation, i.e., Planting new plants.
- There should be punishment for those who cut down trees.
- Let us not cut trees. We should use only those branches and leaves that have fallen down.