DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer Animals are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 5 Animals of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Animals of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 5 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Animals Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Animals Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 5 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Land animals generally walk on ___________ legs.
2. Desert animals can tolerate ___________ temperature.
3. Penguin is found in ___________ covered regions.
4. Piranha is found in ___________ water of lakes and rivers.
5. Orangutan does not like to interact with ___________.
6. Terrestrial animals live on ___________.
Answer: (1) four (2) high (3) snow (4) fresh (5) humans (6) land
B. Match the following:
Answer: (1) b (2) c (3) a (4) e (5) d
C. Tick the correct option.
1. This animal lives in a desert.
2. An animal, that lives in very cold regions, is the-
3. An animal, that lives in a burrow, is a-
4. Nature protects polar bears from cold, by providing them with-
5. It is not an aquatic animal.
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. Name any four land animals.
Answer: Cow, Cat, Horse and Dog.
2. Name any two things that forests provide to animals.
Answer: Forests provide shelter and food to animals.
3. How do fins and gills help a fish?
Answer: A Fish uses fins for swimming and gills for breathing.
4. Why do frogs need water?
Answer: Frogs need water for laying their eggs.
5. Why dogs and cats are favourite pets of many people?
Answer: Dogs and cats are favourite pets of many people because these animals like to interact and play with humans.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. State the special features which help a camel to live in a desert.
Answer: Special features of camels which help them to live in a desert are:
- Camels can live without water for many days.
- They can store water and food in their bodies.
- They have padded feet that help them to walk on sand.
2. How do skin colours and body patterns of some animals help to save them from danger?
Answer: The colour of the skin and body patterns, of some animals, help them to merge with their surroundings and protect them from danger.
3. Why are dolphins considered to be intelligent animals?
Answer: Dolphins considered to be intelligent animals because they can easily learn to perform tricks and play games.