DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Question Answer Feeding Habits of Animals are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 3 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 6 Feeding Habits of Animals of class 3 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Feeding Habits of Animals of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of chapter 6 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Feeding Habits of Animals Solutions
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Feeding Habits of Animals Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Science chapter 6 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 3 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Question Answer regularly.
DAV Class 3 Science Chapter 6 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Snakes ___________ their prey.
2. Giraffe feeds on ___________ only.
3. Frog has a ___________ tongue.
4. Buffaloes ___________ their food first and then chews it.
5. Butterfly ___________ its food.
6. Squirrel has sharp front ___________ like teeth.
Answer: (1) swallow (2) plants (3) sticky (4) nibble (5) sucks (6) chisel
B. Match the following:
Answer: (1) b (2) c (3) d (4) a
C. Tick the correct option.
1. The animal, that eats both plants and animals, is the-
2. Dog tears the flesh with-
Answer: pointed teeth
3. Poultry birds should be fed with-
4. It is an herbivorous animal.
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. What are carnivorous animals?
Answer: Flesh eating animals are called carnivorous animals.
2. Name the kind of teeth that help a cow to chew the grass.
Answer: Broad and Grooved teeth (molar).
3. Name two animals which gnaw their food.
Answer: Rabbit and Squirrel.
4. Name the type of teeth that squirrels have. Name two more animals having the same type of teeth.
Answer: Sharp front chisel like teeth. Animals like Rabbit and rat also have same types of teeth.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. State one difference between herbivorous and omnivorous animals. Give one example of each type.
2. How does a lizard take its food?
Answer: A lizard catches their prey with the help of a sticky tongue.
3. Explain the term ‘chewing the cud’?
Answer: Some animals, like cow, buffalo and camel, first nibble their food and put it inside their bodies. When they relax, they bring back part of the food from inside into their mouths. They then chew it properly. This is called ‘chewing the cud’.
4. Write any two ways that can help us in taking care of domestic animals.
Answer: Two ways that can help us in taking care of domestic animals are:
- We should keep their shelter clean, dry and airy.
- We should give them love and care.
5. How do butterfly and mosquito have their food?
Answer: Butterfly and mosquitoes have a long hollow tube-like structure which help them to suck their food.