DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 Question Answer My Body are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 1 My Body of class 4 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 My Body of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of Science chapter 1 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 Question Answer My Body.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 My Body Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 My Body Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 1 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 Question Answer My Body regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 1 Question Answer
1. The body organs that cannot be seen from outside are called ___________ organs.
2. Flat teeth are in the ___________ of the mouth.
3. Tongue is used for ___________ and ___________.
4. Saliva is secreted by ___________
5. Flies can transfer ___________ to uncovered food.
Answer: (1) internal (2) front (3) tasting, speaking (4) salivary gland (5) germs
Answer: (1) e (2) a (3) d (4) c (5) b
1. The teeth, used to tear food into pieces, are known as-
2. Ria’s mother is thirty-two years old. She is likely to have-
Answer: 32 permanent teeth
3. The organ, which secretes digestive juices in the small intestine, is the-
4. The food gets completely digested in the-
Answer: small intestine
5. An eight-year-old child is likely to have-
Answer: both temporary and permanent teeth
1. Name the organ through which food enters the stomach.
Answer: Food pipe (Oesophagus)
2. How many sets of teeth are formed during one’s life time? Name them.
Answer: Two sets of teeth are formed during one’s lifetime.
- Milk teeth
- Permanent teeth
3. Write any one difference between milk teeth and permanent teeth.
Answer: Milk teeth are 20 in number but permanent teeth are 32 in number.
4. What do you mean by the term ‘digestion’?
Answer: The process of breaking down of food into simpler forms is called digestion.
5. What happens to the food when it enters the stomach?
Answer: The food mixes with digestive juices secreted by the walls of the stomach and gets partially digested here.
1. List five good habits that should be taken care of at the time of eating food.
Answer: Five good habits are:
- Wash hand before eating.
- Take food at fixed intervals.
- Not speak while chewing food.
- Chew food properly before swallowing.
- Eat green Vegetables and fruits every day.
2. Name the different types of teeth present in the mouth. Also mention their functions.
Answer: Different types of teeth present in the mouth are:
- Flat teeth: Used for biting and cutting the food. They are known as incisors.
- Pointed teeth: They are used for tearing the food. They are known as canines.
- Broad and Grooved teeth: They are used for chewing and grinding the food. They are known as premolars and molars.
3. Why is it important to chew the food properly?
Answer: It is important to chew the food for its proper digestion.
4. Why is washing of fruits and vegetables important for us?
Answer: Unwashed fruits and vegetables can carry germs of diseases which can cause diarrhea, vomiting and other stomach ailments.
5. Sheena’s mother often tells her not to eat too many sweets and chocolates. Why do you think she says so?
Answer: Sheema’s mother often tells her not to eat too many sweets and chocolates because they contain sugar which can left on the teeth and can cause tooth decay.
6. Complete the given foodpath: