DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water are prepared by science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water of class 4 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of science chapter 8 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 8 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. The earth is known as a ___________ planet.
2. ___________ and ___________ are two major natural sources of water.
3. Setting-up of factories cause a ___________ in the level of underground water.
4. Cutting of trees in the forests causes a ___________ in rainfall.
5. Use of water sprinkler for irrigation reduces the ___________ of water.
Answer: (1) blue (2) Rain, snow (3) decrease (4) decrease (5) wastage
B. Match the following:
Answer: (1) c (2) d (3) a (4) b
C. Tick the correct option.
1. Two major natural sources of water are-
Answer: rain and snow
2. Planting of more trees will help in-
Answer: increasing the rainfall
3. We can avoid wastage of water by-
Answer: using water sprinkler for irrigation
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. How much of the surface of earth is covered by water?
2. Name three sources of fresh water.
Answer: three sources of fresh water are:
3. State the effect of deforestation on rainfall.
Answer: Deforestation decreases the rainfall.
4. State two reasons that are leading to clearing of forests.
Answer: Two reasons that are leading to clearing of forests are:
- Settings – up of factories and,
- For building houses
5. State one utility of dams.
Answer: It stores large quantity of water.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. State three factors that are responsible for water scarcity.
Answer: Three factors that are responsible for water scarcity are:
- Setting up of factories
2. How does setting-up of factories affect the ground water level?
Answer: Factories need a large quantity of water. They fulfill this need by using underground water. Hence setting up of factories affect the ground water level.
3. State two ways to do rain-water harvesting.
Answer: Two ways to do rain-water harvesting:
- Rain water should be collected in large underground tanks from where it seeps slowly into the ground.
- Rain water may also be collected in overhead tanks and used for daily needs.
4. How should the fields be irrigated to reduce wastage of water?
Answer: Fields should be irrigated by using water sprinkler to reduce the wastage of water.
5. State any three ways of conserving water at home.
Answer: Three ways of conserving water at home are:
- Turn off the tap after using it.
- Use a mug and bucket to take bath instead of a shower.
- Water the plants with a bucket and mug instead of a pipe.
It is good app
Very good solutions
Yes it’s a good app and I’m in class 4 and in that school😀
Good app solution are very nice 🧐