DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water are prepared by science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water of class 4 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of science chapter 8 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 8 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer Water Scarcity and Conservation of Water regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 8 Question Answer
1. The earth is known as a ___________ planet.
2. ___________ and ___________ are two major natural sources of water.
3. Setting-up of factories cause a ___________ in the level of underground water.
4. Cutting of trees in the forests causes a ___________ in rainfall.
5. Use of water sprinkler for irrigation reduces the ___________ of water.
Answer: (1) blue (2) Rain, snow (3) decrease (4) decrease (5) wastage
Answer: (1) c (2) d (3) a (4) b
1. Two major natural sources of water are-
Answer: rain and snow
2. Planting of more trees will help in-
Answer: increasing the rainfall
3. We can avoid wastage of water by-
Answer: using water sprinkler for irrigation
1. How much of the surface of earth is covered by water?
2. Name three sources of fresh water.
Answer: three sources of fresh water are:
3. State the effect of deforestation on rainfall.
Answer: Deforestation decreases the rainfall.
4. State two reasons that are leading to clearing of forests.
Answer: Two reasons that are leading to clearing of forests are:
- Settings – up of factories and,
- For building houses
5. State one utility of dams.
Answer: It stores large quantity of water.
1. State three factors that are responsible for water scarcity.
Answer: Three factors that are responsible for water scarcity are:
- Setting up of factories
2. How does setting-up of factories affect the ground water level?
Answer: Factories need a large quantity of water. They fulfill this need by using underground water. Hence setting up of factories affect the ground water level.
3. State two ways to do rain-water harvesting.
Answer: Two ways to do rain-water harvesting:
- Rain water should be collected in large underground tanks from where it seeps slowly into the ground.
- Rain water may also be collected in overhead tanks and used for daily needs.
4. How should the fields be irrigated to reduce wastage of water?
Answer: Fields should be irrigated by using water sprinkler to reduce the wastage of water.
5. State any three ways of conserving water at home.
Answer: Three ways of conserving water at home are:
- Turn off the tap after using it.
- Use a mug and bucket to take bath instead of a shower.
- Water the plants with a bucket and mug instead of a pipe.