DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water Pollution are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 10 Water Pollution of Science book exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Water Pollution of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of Science chapter 10 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water Pollution.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Water Pollution Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Water Pollution Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 10 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer Water Pollution regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 10 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. ___________ is the purest form of water.
2. Water containing impurities is called ___________ water.
3. Chemical fertilisers and ___________ used by farmers, can cause water pollution.
4. Drinking ___________ water can cause diseases like diarrhea and jaundice.
5. ___________ and agricultural wastes increase the growth of micro-organisms in water.
Answer: (1) Rain water (2) polluted (3) pesticides (4) polluted (5) Industrial
B. Write True or False for the following statements.
1. River water is the purest form of water.
2. Polluted water may contain dust, germs and smoke.
3. Throwing domestic waste, in rivers, causes water pollution.
4. Increased growth of micro-organisms in water increases the amount of oxygen for aquatic animals.
5. Use of chemical fertilisers helps in preventing water pollution.
Answer: (1) False (2) True (3) True (4) False (5) False
C. Tick the correct option.
1. A disease that may be caused by drinking polluted water is-
2. Polluted water should not be used for irrigation because-
Answer: it reduces fertility of soil
3. Oil spills in the sea are harmful because they-
Answer: cut off the supply of oxygen for aquatic animals
4. Pollution of river water can be reduced if-
Answer: people do not wash clothes or bathe their cattle in rivers
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. Name any two materials which can make rain water impure.
Answer: Harmful gases and dust particles
2. Name any two human activities which can cause water pollution.
Answer: two human activities which cause water pollution are:
- People wash clothes and bathe in river.
- Throwing domestic waste in river.
3. Which two pollutants are often dumped by the factories into the rivers?
Answer: Waste materials and harmful Chemicals
4. Name any two diseases that may be caused by drinking polluted water.
Answer: Typhoid and Diarrhea
5. Write the names of two types of materials, used by farmers, to increase the production of crops.
Answer: chemical fertilizers and pesticides
E. Answer the following questions.
1. How do wastes, from factories and fields, affect the aquatic animals?
Answer: wastes from factories increase the growth of microorganism in water. This reduces the supply of oxygen for the aquatic animals.
2. How can polluted water affect the crops?
Answer: When polluted water is used for irrigation, the fertility of soil gets reduced and crops can get damaged.
3. Why are oil spills harmful for marine life?
Answer: Oil Spills form a cover on the surface of water. This cuts off the supply of oxygen to the animals living under water.
4. State any four effects of water pollution.
Answer: four effects of water pollution are:
- Poisonous chemicals from factories kill marine animals.
- Polluted water reduces the fertility of soil.
- Aquatic plants get infected by polluted water.
- Drinking polluted water causes diseases like diarrhea cholera, jaundice.
5. State four ways of reducing water pollution.
Answer: four ways of reducing water pollution are:
- Use of chemical fertilizers should be minimised.
- People should not wash clothes in rivers.
- wastes from factories should not be allowed to flow into rivers directly.
- Water from drains or sewage should not be allowed to enter into rivers.