DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Question Answer Flowers and Fruits are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 3 Flowers and Fruits of class 4 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Flowers and Fruits of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of Science chapter 3 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Question Answer Flowers and Fruits.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Flowers and Fruits Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Flowers and Fruits Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 3 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Write True or False
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Question Answer Flowers and Fruits regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 3 Question Answer
1. Flower is the colourful part of a ___________.
2. A flower develops from a ___________.
3. Oil, extracted from cloves, is used as a ___________.
4. We must protect flowers from being __________ unnecessarily.
5. Dry fruits are generally eaten in ___________ seasons.
Answer: (1) plant (2) bud (3) medicine (4) plucked (5) winter
1. A bud is covered with green leaves.
2. All flowers look alike.
3. Lavender is cooked and eaten as a vegetable.
4. Fruits make flowers.
5. Jackfruit and tomato are fruits that are often used as vegetables.
Answer: (1) True (2) False (3) False (4) False (5) True
1. It blooms in summer-
2. It is useful for curing wounds and injuries
3. It has many seeds-
4. It is generally not used for preparing jams
Answer: bitter gourd
1. State any two uses of flowers.
Answer: Two uses of flowers are:
- Flowers are used for making perfumes.
- Some flowers are used as medicine.
2. How do green leaves help a bud?
Answer: Green leaves protect the bud and help to bloom into a flower.
3. Name two flowers which are eaten as vegetables.
Answer: Banana and sahjan flowers are eaten as vegetables.
4. Name any three dry fruits. Write two ways in which they are used in our daily life.
Answer: Cashewnuts, almonds and walnuts.
Two ways in which they are used-
- They are often eaten as such.
- They are used in preparing various dishes.
1. Write five lines about flowers.
Answer: five lines about flowers are:
- Flower is a colourful and beautiful part of a plant.
- It generally has a pleasant fragrance.
- Most flowers have attractive colours.
- A flower develops from a bud.
- Flowers have different shapes and sizes.
2. What do you understand by seasonal flowers? Give two examples of seasonal flowers.
Answer: Flowers which bloom in a particular season are called seasonal flowers.
Examples- rose and dahlia.
3. Write any two uses of fruits.
Answer: Two uses of fruits are:
- Fruits are used as vegetables.
- They are also used for preparing pickles, chutneys and marmalades.
4. List the food preparations that can be made by using mango fruit.
Answer: Food items that can be made by using mango fruits are: