DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer Plants Around Us are prepared by Science subject experts. With the help of these solutions for Class 4 Science My Living World Book, you can easily grasp basic concepts better and faster.
Here at SOLUTIONGYAN, chapter 4 Plants Around Us of class 4 Science book exercise provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Plants Around Us of My Living World Textbook. These exercise of Science chapter 4 contains 5 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer Plants Around Us.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Plants Around Us Solutions
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Plants Around Us Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Science chapter 4 question answer is provided with detailed explanation.
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Tick the correct option
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answer the following questions
DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in Science exam if they practise DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer Plants Around Us regularly.
DAV Class 4 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer
A. Fill in the blanks.
1. Plants, growing on hills, are tall, straight and have a ___________ shape.
2. ___________ and ___________ are two of the trees that grow on plains.
3. Breathing roots are also called ___________ roots.
4. ___________ is an underwater plant.
5. Lotus stem is eaten as a ___________.
Answer: (1) conical (2) Banyan, mango (3) aerial (4) Hydrilla (5) vegetable
B. Match the following:
Answer: (1) e (2) f (3) b (4) c (5) d (6) a
C. Tick the correct option.
1. It is a free-floating plant-
Answer: water hyacinth
2. These are unwanted plants-
3. It can survive in soil with very little water-
D. Answer the following questions in brief.
1. What are terrestrial plants?
Answer: Plants which grow on land, are called terrestrial plants.
Example: Neem Tree, Banyan tree, Mango tree.
2. How does the conical shape help the plants of hills?
Answer: The conical shape of these trees does not allow snow to get deposited on them.
3. Name two trees growing in hot and wet regions.
Answer: Teak tree and Rubber tree.
4. Name an underwater plant. What kind of leaves does it have?
Answer: Hydrilla, it has pointed and strap-like leaves.
5. What is ploughing?
Answer: The process of digging and loosening the soil to make it soft is called ploughing.
E. Answer the following questions.
1. List the different habitats of terrestrial plants.
Answer: The different habitats of terrestrial plants are: hills, plains, hot and wet regions, marshy areas and desert areas.
2. How is cactus plant able to grow in desert conditions?
Answer: Cactus plant is able to grow in desert conditions because it has long roots that go deep inside the soil for absorbing water. The stem stores water.
3. What are aquatic plants? State their types and give two examples of each type.
Answer: Plants which grow in water are called aquatic plants. Aquatic plants are of two types-
1. Floating aquatic plants
a) Free Floating plants.
Examples-water lettuce and water hyacinth
b) Fixed Floating plants
Examples- Lotus and water lily
2. Underwater Plants
Examples- hydrilla and seaweed.
4. What are cultivated plants?
Answer: Plants like sugarcane, maize, wheat and rice are called cultivated plants. These plants are grown by farmers.
5. Why should weeds be removed from the fields?
Answer: Weeds should be removed so that they do not consume water and fertilisers meant for the main crop.