If you are looking for DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Let Us Travel of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 4 Social Science chapter 11 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Let Us Travel of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 11 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Let Us Travel.
Solutions of DAV Class 4 SST chapter 11 Let Us Travel is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 4 can go through Social Science chapter 11 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 4 social science exam.
DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Let Us Travel Solutions
DAV Class 4 Social Science Chapter 11 Let Us Travel Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Environmental Studies chapter 11 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Tick the correct option, Answers the following questions, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, Match the following, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer the following questions in brief
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 4 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer Let Us Travel regularly.
DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 11 Question Answer
1. If we want to reach a far-off place very quickly, best choice will be-
2. A camel cart is loaded with sacks of-
Answer: Red chillies
3. The most popular means of transport on the hills is-
4. Increased traffic on roads lead to-
1. In coastal areas, fishermen use ___________ to transport fish.
2. Camels are beautifully decked up with ___________ and bells.
3. People use different means of ___________ for travelling over different distances.
4. ___________ is called a farmer’s friend.
5. ___________ are suitable for carrying larger quantity of goods.
Answer: (1) boats (2) tassels (3) transport (4) Bullock (5) Railways
Answer: (1) b (2) a (3) d (4) e (5) c
1. Name two factors that help us to select the mode of transport.
Answer: Two factors that help us to select the mode of transport are money and time.
2. What are the main means of transport that run on rural roads? Why are they used by the farmers?
Answer: Animal carts, tractor-trolleys and trucks are the main means of transport that run on rural roads. They are used by the farmers for transporting agricultural goods.
3. Mention five items that are transported from cities to villages and from villages to cities.
Answer: Five items that are transported from cities to villages are:
gas cylinder, light machinery, textiles, scooter, petrol and diesel.
Five items that are transported from villages to cities are:
vegetables, fruits, grains, cotton and sugarcanes.
4. How does airways score over railways and roadways?
Answer: Airways score over railways and roadways as
- It is the fastest means of transport.
- It can cover difficult landforms easily.
5. List three advantages that India has in water transportation with a long coastline.
Answer: Three advantages that India’s long coastline offer in water transport:
- It promotes trade and tourism.
- It is suitable for carrying heavy and bulky goods.
- Water transportation is cheaper than other modes of transport.
1. Mention the negative impact of expanding role of means of transport.
Answer: Following are the negative impacts of expanding role of means of transport:
- traffic jams
- delay in delivery of goods
2. Suggest three ways to reduce vehicular pollution in cities.
Answer: Three ways to reduce vehicular pollution in cities are:
- Use public transport.
- Use electric and CNG based vehicles.
- Do carpooling.
3. Why is a bullock called a farmer’s friend?
Answer: A bullock is called a farmer’s friend because it helps him to pull water from the well, plough the fields and transport the goods to the market.
4. What steps are being taken to reduce traffic jams in cities?
Answer: following steps are being taken to reduce traffic jams in cities:
- Efforts are being made to improve the quality of roads.
- More bridges, flyovers and bypasses are being constructed.
5. The means of transport are a part and parcel of our lives. Explain the statement by highlighting the role of railways, roadways, airways and waterways.
Answer: The means of transport are a part and parcel of our lives because of their countless benefits.
- Roadways provide door-to-door service.
- Railways are economical and ideal for transporting heavy goods.
- Airways help us to reach a far-off place very quickly.
- Waterways are cheaper way of transporting very heavy or bulky goods.