If you are looking for DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India Our Motherland of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 4 Social Science chapter 13 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 4 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 India Our Motherland of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 13 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India Our Motherland.
Solutions of DAV Class 4 SST chapter 13 India Our Motherland is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 4 can go through Social Science chapter 13 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 4 social science exam.
DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 India Our Motherland Solutions
DAV Class 4 Social Science Chapter 13 India Our Motherland Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 4 Environmental Studies chapter 13 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, Match the following, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Identify the physical features
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 4 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 4 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India Our Motherland regularly.
DAV Class 4 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option.
1. The shape of Deccan plateau is-
2. Lakshadweep islands are located in-
Answer: Arabian sea
3. Many rivers rise in-
4. The Thar desert is located mainly in-
B. Fill in the blanks.
1. India is a ___________ country.
2. India is located in the continent of ___________.
3. The peaks of ___________ are covered with snow most of the times.
4. The Northern Plain is a broad, flat and ___________ land.
5. India has a long ___________.
Answer: (1) vast (2) Asia (3) Himalayas (4) fertile (5) coastline
C. Match the following:
1. States (a) Seven
2. Mountains (b) Nepal, Bhutan, China
3. Union territories (c) Twenty nine
4. Neighbouring countries (d) Source of many rivers
Answer: (1) c (2) d (3) a (4) b
D. Identify the physical features of India:
1. It is popularly known as the Thar Desert.
Answer: The Indian Desert
2. It is also known as Southern Plateau.
Answer: The Deccan plateau
3. It is a group of about 300 islands.
Answer: Andaman & Nicobar Island
4. It is broader than the Western Coastal Plains.
Answer: Eastern coastal plain
E. Answer the following questions.
1. What makes India a unique country?
Answer: Following diversities make India a unique country:
- It is rich in flora and fauna.
- India has a great variety of landforms.
- It has variety in climate, tradition and culture.
2. Write two main features of each of the following:
- The Himalayan mountains are the source of many rivers.
- It has high peaks covered with snow.
- It is very fertile.
- It is a broad flat land.
- It has barren and sandy land.
- It receives very little rainfall.
- It is triangular in shape.
- It is rich in minerals.
3. Name three holy places located in the Northern Plains.
Answer: Three holy places located in Northern Plains are Haridwar, Mathura and Varanasi.
4. Describe the Lakshadweep Island.
Answer: Lakshadweep islands are in the Arabian Sea in the south-west of India. They are small and flat and close to the mainland. Out of 36 islands only 10 islands are big enough for people to live on them and earn their living.
5. List four features of your state that you admire. Give two reasons in support of your answer.
Answer: The four features of my state that I admire are:
- It is rich in minerals and ores.
- It is also one of the tourist attractions.
- The soothing weather condition.
- It is rich in forest cover.
6. In your opinion why is there a difference in temperature on the mountains and deserts?
Answer: The desert is barren and sandy with very little rainfall. So, it is very hot in desert. Whereas, on the mountains the temperature decreases with increase in altitude. Hence, it is too cold on mountains.
Where is Value Based Questions???
It is very nice for studying