If you are looking for DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India’s Neighbors of we and our world social science book, then you are at right place. Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 5 Social Science chapter 13 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 5 students.
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 India’s Neighbors of We and Our World SST Textbook. These exercise of sst chapter 13 contains five questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India’s Neighbors.
Solutions of DAV Class 5 SST chapter 13 India’s Neighbors is help to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning. Students of class 5 can go through Social Science chapter 13 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the dav class 5 social science exam.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 India’s Neighbors Solutions
DAV Class 5 Social Science Chapter 13 India’s Neighbors Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 5 Environmental Studies chapter 13 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e. Answers the following questions, Tick the correct option, Fill in the blanks, Answer briefly, Match the following, etc.
- Tick the correct option
- Fill in the blanks
- Match the following
- Answer briefly
- Answers the following questions
DAV question answer of Class 5 of We and Our World Social Science Textbook is the best source for the students to self-analyse their performance. DAV Class 5 students are more likely to score good marks in SST (Social Science) exam if they practise DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer India’s Neighbors regularly.
DAV Class 5 SST Chapter 13 Question Answer
A. Tick the correct option:
1. India does not share borders with-
2. Which of the following is our southern neighbour at sea?
Answer: Sri Lanka
3. Urdu script is known as-
4. Which cuisine influences the Nepalese cuisine?
5. Hanfu is a traditional dress of men in-
B. Fill in the blanks:
1. India shares boundaries with ___________ in the north-west.
2. India believes in the policy of ___________.
3. Lungi-blouse is worn in south ___________ and Sri Lanka.
4. ___________ is an important part of Sri Lankan cuisine.
5. ___________ -kameez is the traditional dress of Pakistani men.
Answer: (1) Pakistan (2) peace (3) India (4) Dosa (5) Salwar
C. Match the following:
Answer: (1) e (2) c (3) b (4) a (5) d
D. Answer briefly:
1. Name India’s southern neighbour in the sea.
Answer: Sri Lanka is India’s southern neighbour in the sea.
2. Which language is known as the mother of all languages?
Answer: Sanskrit is known as the mother of all languages.
3. How do you know that India believed in the policy of peace since olden times?
Answer: History proves that India has never attacked any country for gaining territory. It solves mutual differences through peaceful means.
4. Mention two cities of India where Urdu is widely spoken.
Answer: Two cities of India where Urdu is widely spoken are Lucknow and Hyderabad.
5. Draw out one similarity and one difference between Hindi and Urdu.
Answer: one similarity and one difference between Hindi and Urdu are:
Hindi and Urdu both evolved from Sanskrit.
Hindi is written from left to right in the Devanagari script while Urdu is written right to left in Persian-Arabic script called Nastaliq.
Hindi uses vocabulary from Sanskrit whereas Urdu uses vocabulary from Persian and Arabic.
E. Answer the following questions:
1. List India’s immediate neighbours and the direction of their location in respect to India.
Answer: Neighbours and the direction of their location in respect to India are:
- Pakistan in the north-west.
- China, Nepal and Bhutan in the north.
- Myanmar and Bangladesh in the east.
- Sri Lanka in the south.
2. Highlight the similarities of dress between India and her neighbours.
Answer: Similarities of dress between India and her neighbours are:
- Kurta-pyjama is common in both India and Nepal.
- Saree is worn in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- Pathani suit is worn by muslims in Pakistan as well as India.
- Mekhla-chaddar of north-east India is similar to dress of Nepal, Myanmar and China.
3. What do the cultural bond with our neighbours indicate?
Answer: The cultural bond with our neighbours indicates that we share same history and culture and we are same even in the face of differences.
4. Give two suggestions that can improve our relations with our neighbouring countries.
Answer: Two suggestions that can improve our relations with our neighbouring countries are:
- Trade and tourism should be encouraged.
- Sports and cultural activities should be promoted.
5. In your opinion, which are the two main issues of conflict between any two countries who share their borders?
Answer: Following are the two main issues of conflict between two countries who share their borders:
- Border disputes (for gaining territory).
- Water disputes.