If you are looking for DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Question Answer Our Homes of, we and our world social science book, then you are at right place.
Here at solutiongyan.com, Class 3 Social Science chapter 9 exercises provided at the end of the chapter will be a useful resource for DAV Class 3 students.
Table of Contents
Here, we provide complete solutions of DAV Class 3 Environmental Studies Chapter 9 Our Homes of We and Our World SST Textbook.
These exercise of sst chapter 9 contains 19 questions and the answers to them are provided in the DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Question Answer.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Our Homes Solutions
DAV Class 3 Social Science Chapter 9 Our Homes Solutions is given below. Here DAV Class 3 Environmental Studies chapter 9 question answer is provided with detailed explanation. i.e., Tick the correct option, Answers the following questions, fill in the blanks, and match the following.
Solutions of DAV Class 3 SST chapter 9 Our Homes is helping to boost the writing skills of the students, along with their logical reasoning.
Students of class 3 can go through Social Science chapter 9 question answer to learn an effective way of expressing their solution in the DAV class 3 social science (Environmental Studies) exam.
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Tick the correct option
1. A house that is always made above the ground level-
Answer: Stilt house
2. The material used in making permanent house is-
3. A house on wheels is a-
4. The type of a house a person builds depends on-
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Fill in the blanks
1. The early man ate ___________ of animals.
2. ___________ are made of bamboo, straw, dried leaves and mud.
3. ___________ do not live permanently at one place.
4. Houses on seashores are made with ___________ proof materials.
5. Wood keeps a house warm in ___________ weather.
Answer: (1) flesh (2) Huts (3) Nomads (4) water (5) cold
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Match the following
1. Sloping roofs (a) flood prone areas
2. Caravans (b) caves
3. Haveli (c) mountain houses
4. Stilt houses (d) big village house
5. Early man (e) moving houses
Answer: (1) c, (2) e, (3) d, (4) a, (5) b
DAV Class 3 SST Chapter 9 Question Answer
1. Why do we need a house?
Answer: We need a house to live in it. It protect us from rain, wind, cold, and heat.
2. Different types of houses are built in different areas. Explain with examples.
Answer: Different types of houses built in different areas:
- Apartments are built in cities due to less land.
- Houses with sloping roof are built on Mountain.
- Stilt house are built in those area where floods are common.
- House boats are built in Kerala and Kashmir
- Log cabins are built in Forest.
3. How do people living in hot climate keep their houses cool?
Answer: In hot climate the houses are built with high flat roofs to keep the house cool.
4. List the materials that people use for building permanent houses in cities.
Answer: The materials which are used for building permanent house in cities are- glass, steel, cement, stone, bricks etc.
5. Differentiate between a mountain house and a stilt house.
Answer: Different between a mountain house and a stilt house are:
Mountain house: They are made with sloping roofs so that rain water and snow can slide down.
Stilt house: Stilt house are made in those area where floods are very common i.e., Meghalya and Assam. The water drains easily through the stilts without damaging the house.